Sunday, April 8, 2012

Up to, what I am

Due to frequent travel I could not post anything for almost eight days. On first of April I went to Daman and Diu via Mumbai for a conference. By road I went to Daman from Mumbai. The road was excellent.

On turning, a great offer has landed on my hand to participate in the book discussion at Sikkim Central University, Gangtok, Sikkim. After a while, I accepted the offer especially given the importance of the book which was planned to discuss. The book for which I was invited to discuss in the panel was The Concise Oxford Companion to Economics in India edited by Prof Kaushik Basu and Dr Annemie Maertens.

This book discussion was part of the Sikkim University's important event i.e. 3rd Spring Lecture on "Nehru's Vision of India" delivered by Prof Mushirul Hasan. Good or bad, I had the chance of meeting him earlier. In 2011, he had chaired a session in the Global Conclave for Young Scholars in India on Education organised by NUEPA New Delhi, where I had presented a research paper on technical and vocational education in British India between 1700-1947.

There were three people in my panel; me and one (assistant professor) each from the Delhi University and Sikkim University.

The visit to Gangtok for this book discussion was really interesting and I enjoyed fully. Perhaps I may rewrite my comments on the book into a brief article for Pragati.

No comments:

Post a Comment